Mr. Maul has over 30 years of experience in the practice of architecture. Projects range from custom residences, mixed use projects, to large scale commercial and master planning communities. Mr. Maul has been responsible for building design, building code, construction detailing, zoning documents, and public hearing presentation. Taking his experience and using it to provide clients with the greatest possible service is his goal.
An Architect is driven by the challenge of solving the problem. Design and implementation of projects of all sizes provide new and unique experiences that expand our horizon. Practicing Architecture requires taking on challenges in many different arenas. Communicating ideas to clients or solutions to contractors, managing staff and the production of construction documents to allow the realization of ideas requires flexibility and an open mind. Experience from the practice of architecture and experiencing other architects work provides for a greater pallet from which to draw on to create solutions. Ideas and solutions come from many places but start from listening to the client.
Experience and Community Service Involvement
- Rutledge Maul Architects, P.S. Inc., Seattle, WA, President
- Licensed Architect in Washington and California
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards Certified
- Green Building Certification: LEED Accredited Professional
- Rutledge Construction Inc., Construction Management Superintendent
- City of Shoreline Planning Commissioner
- A.I.A Home of the Month Committee Chairman
- Youth Basketball and Hockey Coach/Team Manager
- Board member of Friends of Shoreline Athletic Fields
- International Code Council
- Member of American Institute of Architects
- Member Construction Specification Institute
University of Oregon, Bachelors of Architecture