Project Manager / Senior Design Architect
We are expanding and seeking a full-time Project Architect with 6+ years of experience. The opportunity requires a self-motivated and detail oriented architect who is efficient in planning and developing medium to large scope projects from start to finish. The ideal candidate is a registered architect with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture with 3+ years of experience with ArchiCAD. Candidates must posses skills in leadership, code review, written and oral communication, and team oriented design. Architectural experience in mixed-use, multi-family, commercial, and residential design.
- Plan and supervise the overall preparation of design development and construction documents in accordance with design policies and procedures.
- Maintaining detailed project schedules and construction timelines, manage client budgets, and city permit submittals, while coordinating and tracking workflow of project team and consultants.
- Build and develop strong client relationships.
- Present projects and reports to clients, contractors, community boards, and management.
- Perform periodic site visits to projects that are under construction to ensure the quality of design work performed by architects, engineers, consultations, and contractors.
- Provide guidance to team members with strong emphasis on multifamily, mixed-use, commercial, and residential projects.
- Candidate must be capable of working on multiple projects in various phases simultaneously.
Bachelors or Masters in Architecture from an accredited university with a minimum of 6 years architectural experience, minimum of 2 years at Job Captain level. Must be proficient in ArchiCad with 3-5 years of experience. Revit experience may be considered. Licensed architect preferred. LEED certification is desirable.
Knowledge of the Washington State Construction Codes, zoning, and Building Permit requirements. Experience with master planning and mixed-use developments.
Architectural Intern / Junior Architect
RMA has immediate openings for an entry level architectural intern. We are looking for candidates with 1-5 years of experience. The position works directly with the project manager.
Intern responsibilities include and are not limited to assisting the firms partners and project architects in all aspects of project design and development. Candidates should possess the ability to work in a team oriented environment, articulate their ideas both written and verbally, and contribute focused and detailed problem solving techniques. The position has opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Contribute in design discussions, and develop drawings, modeling, and 3D renderings based upon those discussions
- Prepare construction documents based on instruction and sketches.
- Partake in construction site visits and client meetings to better understand the overall building process.
- Assist with completion of construction documents and generate revisions and corrections from redlined documents.
- Participate in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the LEED, green building design or construction industry is beneficial.
- Bachelors or Masters in Architecture from an accredited university with a minimum of 2 years experience in an architectural firm. Must be proficient in ArchiCad or Revit 1-3 years of experience. LEED certification is desirable.
- Basic understanding of Architectural specifications, Washington State Construction Codes, zoning, and Building Permit process.
- Freehand drawing ability.
- Basic knowledge of construction documents and technology.
- Basic understanding of AIA contracts.
- Knowledgeable with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, Revit, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).